11 April 2010

I get too attached to people.

I know this about myself.

I know that when I get too attached, it's so hard to let go.

So I turn from one extreme to the other. I get too attached or I don't get involved at all. I don't know how to balance things. I don't know which is better.

It never gets easier--letting go of people. Even if you don't believe that they will actually leave. Even if you know they'll come back someday. What if you aren't here when they get back? What if you are different, they are different?

All these questions make me wonder why I do what I do. Why do these people matter so much? Why love them? Why?

I'm feeling sad this morning, and lacking a bit of direction. I'm not sure what I need, except just someone who isn't going to leave. Is that possible?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christ never leaves. He is the constant and can be the constant in your life.

I have been there, the place where you need someone constant in your life. But, all those that you love end up hurting you or leaving you. I kept wondering why people kept leaving me when I thought I was a good friend, when they told me I was a great friend.....I think back and now believe it was Christ's way of making me realize that people can not be counted on, but He can. We can count on Christ. He can give us direction. With His leading we can truly make a difference.

Sometime we must go through the fire to be refined, to be usable. Life is hard and sometimes cruel, but we are not here to be happy, we are here at this time and at this place to be Holy.

It has taken me years to come to this appreciation of what all I have went through in my life to bring me to this point, that now I may be used to help others go through similar circumstances and may be able to help them find their way back from the cruelty life has brought to them.

So keep on keeping on. Changing what you can and bringing love to all you contact. God is love.