03 February 2010

Whatever will be, will be....

I'm learning things about myself every day.
I'm becoming comfortable with who I am and the things that I have done and not done.
Last night I was talking with one of the girls about her current relationship issues. I told her it was funny that people ask me for relationship advice when I haven't had a lot of experience. After a moment, she told me it was really strange to talk to me because (she and I are the same age) I am the only person that she knows that is her age and acts that age.
I told her I never really was a kid. I grew up pretty fast. But, I wouldn't have it any other way. Because had I been a kid, I wouldn't be where I am now. And I love where I am.

I know I screw up (believe me, I know--and I beat myself up for it usually), but I am very proud of who I have become and the things that I am doing in my life these days. I'm learning to love myself completely and I'm learning that I am worth loving. I hope that I will be able to share that knowledge with others. For their sake.

It's a constant battle for me...to be happy with the here and now...to be content in who I am...to do the things I've promised myself I will do...but it's not in vain. And I'm making progress. I can't wait to see what this does for my future.

The future is bright you see...que sera sera...

No comments: