08 March 2010

oh my god, whatever, etc.

Today was a pretty normal day at work. [Oh man, I love that. Work being normal. LOVE.]

However, I'm feeling kind of down at the moment. I just think too much I guess.

There's a boy in our program who is sixteen and has kind of just been tossed around from family member to family member because he has issues with following rules. I mean, who wouldn't have issues following rules if your dad had been in prison your whole life and your mom was in lock-up for ten years of it? Anyway, we were talking in a staff meeting about what to do with said boy because it didn't look like he was really appropriate for our program, being so young and unsure about living on his own.
So, in the midst of this conversation, my boss says, "He's just a kid that nobody wants."

Oh man. I think about this conversation every time I see this kid. He's not a kid that nobody wants. He's really not, but that's the way it seems.

And that's the way it seems with most of my kids. Nobody wants them so they get tossed from home to home to foster care facility to DYS to TLPs to the streets to home to jail to prison to halfway houses for substance addiction to whatever.

I love this kid. I love these kids. I want them.

I took this kid to school today and talked to him about his life. And all I could think about for the rest of the day...and all I can still think about....was that staff meeting conversation.

2 comments:

Amy said...

And you are only three years older than him! In Human years--not Sienna years. I am not sure how to do the calculation to figure that out.

Anonymous said...

I hope you still love Jesus and have the passion that you once did for Him..I am praying for you