06 March 2010

so long, sweet misery...

Today I went to a sweet thrift store/flea market/someone's garage/high-class dumpster dive and I found the most RIDICULOUSLY awesome record player...for FREE!

We walked into the dirtiest garage ever in this house that has been made into a catch all recycling center in this itty bitty town in the middle of nowhere and there it was. I fell in love at first sight. So we asked the guy if it worked and he said, "Well, I don't know, but I'll make you a deal. I'll give it to you regardless and you take it away and just don't bring it back."

It's in my living room now.

I need to clean it and such and have my friend check it out to see if it's fixable as the record part doesn't work. However, the radio works in it....I hear rumor that it makes weird popping noises if you leave it plugged in though. Small sacrifice for an awesome piece of artwork.

On other notes, I am LOVING my new job. Absolutely loving it. It's much less stressful at this point and more my style. And I've escaped the stalker that is at the outreach center. She's obsessed with me. It's kind of scaring the shit out of me, honestly. Not that she's done anything to hurt me, and I don't think she will. Just weird. I'll write more about that later.

Off to eat some supper. Having a relaxing night catching up on homework and such to begin my spring break. I'm always playing catch up.

No comments: